published on in People

FT Island's Choi Min-hwan and LABOUM's Yulhee's End Marriage After 5 Years

On December 4th, Choi Min Hwan of F.T. Island and Yulhee, who was formerly of LABOUM, made the shocking announcement that they had decided to separate after five years of marriage. On their own social media accounts, the two musicians spread the word.

“Our couple decided to conclude our marriage after lengthy discussions,” Choi Min-hwan expressed. Please know how much we value all of your encouragement and support as we embark on this new chapter of our lives as young parents. For all the love and support, I want to thank our loved ones, the team, and the fans. My deepest apologies. In my role as a father, I will make every effort to shield our children from emotional trauma.

“We, as a couple, have decided to support each other on our respective paths,” Yulhee announced that same day. Although we have reached the end of our journey as a married couple, our journey as parents to our children continues. We promise to be there for our kids and to talk to them as much as possible.

“After careful consideration, we have decided that the children should continue living in the familiar space they have known,” Yulhee continued. We are currently taking turns caring for the children so that there are as few physical and emotional interruptions as possible. So that they don’t miss their mom as much, I’m trying to spend quality time with them regularly.

The children of Choi Min-hwan and Yulhee, a son and twin daughters, are currently part of the divorce settlement process. Choi Min-hwan has agreed to have custody of the three children. The couple tied the knot in 2018.

Take a look at the below tweet to confirm the divorce of Choi Min-hwan and Yulhee:

#FTIsland‘s #ChoiMinhwan and #LABOUM‘s #Yulhee announce divorce after 5 years of marriagehttps://t.co/sBHh2JVf11

— allkpop (@allkpop) December 4, 2023

You can also read about other celebrities’ divorce details we have covered recently:

How did Choi’s Agency Confirm Kim Yul-hee’s Relationship with him in September 2017?

Kim Yul-hee, a former member of Laboum, was confirmed to be dating Choi in September 2017 by his agency. Choi told Kim the happy news of his engagement on January 4, 2018, through Instagram, and he announced his plans to tie the knot later that year. After that, on May 9, he revealed that Kim was expecting a child and that they were planning to tie the knot on October 19, 2018. May 18, 2018, was the birthdate of their son, Jae-yul. Mr. House Husband’s second season began filming in January 2019, and Choi, Kim, and Jae-yul were cast members.

When did Choi make his Acting Debut?

In 2009, Choi debuted as an actor in the television drama The Road Home. While waiting to film on March 23, 2009, he passed out. After being treated for a cold and overwork, Choi was released from the hospital the following day after an emergency visit. He made cameo appearances in several films and TV shows, including Unstoppable Marriage (2007), On Air (2008), and Style (2009).

Gwanghwamun Sonata, a musical, featured Choi as the lead. One of his characters, Ji-yong, is an energetic singer and music director. The musical’s run in Japan began on November 10, 2012, in Osaka, and continued in Tokyo, Japan, in January 2013.

For more updates, you can join us on our Twitter account to learn details relating to the latest K-pop news.

ncG1vNJzZmiokZeusLqNnKamZ5OdvKp5zKKlZqCnlrturc2dZLKtnJ2ypnnEp5tmpZGnv6qtxp5kmp6kmr9ugYyynJqqo2Q%3D